Thankful today for so many things… We take so much taken for granted in our day to day lives. It is in moments of quiet and purposeful thought that we really understand just how blessed we are. I am grateful for this holiday that purposely makes us stop and think about giving thanks; about how much we really have. I have to believe it would help us if every day we would give thanks a bit before heading out the door.
- I am thankful for a God that loves me so much that He pursues me. I am daily made aware of my inability to do anything that would make Him stand up and take notice of me, yet He still chooses to because of His love for me.
- I am thankful for my wife. She extends me a lot of grace as I strive to love her well. She is my best friend.
- I am thankful for my children and grandchildren. They are a source of joy and bring a lot of laughter to our home. They are pretty good kids too!
- I am thankful for parents that loved me, taught me about Jesus and put me in a place where I could come to know Him.
- I am thankful for the calling to be a pastor. I am not sure why God chose me, but He did, and I cannot think of anything I would rather do.
- I am thankful for the mentors that I have had in my life. Men like Bruce Humbert and Richard Boland have had a huge impact in my life both practically and spiritually. There are many others that have poured in to me. May I do the same for others.
- I am thankful for my church. This week marks 2 years that I have pastored Christ Community Church. I am blessed to pastor this group of people that love Jesus and love people and have a great desire to see life change happen in our community. They are a joy to lead!
I am glad that we have this day. A day to be together with family and friends, to enjoy good food and even to watch football. May this day also serve to remind us of a God that has blessed us with more than we ever deserve!