Archives For holiday
May this be the best year you have ever lived! And if you make just one change this year, make it this one!
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we did not send out Christmas Cards this year. We will be sending out a New Year’s letter though, so if we are on your list, please don’t delete us! We will be sending something, just a little late! For now, know that we love you all and we hope you have a very Merry and Christ-Centered Christmas!
PS. Don’t read in to that, Jennifer is NOT pregnant! ;-P
I enjoy this time of year more than any other time. I love the holidays, and really enjoy the extra time I get to spend with my family. Thanksgiving is a day that really should be a reminder of how we are to live each and every day of our life. With thanks! We take so many things for granted on a daily basis. Sometimes there are reminders that we do this: We lose our job, a family member dies, a close friend moves away, the money runs out and we buy food according to necessity and not by preference of taste and desire. When these things happen to us or someone we are close to, we all of a sudden are reminded that we are one of the lucky ones… better yet, we are one of the blessed ones.
Here is a quick 5 things that I am blessed with and thankful for this day:
- A God that desires a relationship on a day by day, moment by moment basis. His love and forgiveness drives me to love others even when it is hard to do.
- A family that loves me (or at least they say they do!) even though I make mistakes (a lot). The older I get, the more I love and appreciate them.
- A wife that I adore! I know, she is family and belongs in #2, but she deserves a special mention all to herself. She is the most important thing in my life (outside of God Himself). Marrying her was certainly a good move on my part!
- A church to serve in. I cannot imagine doing anything else but serving in a local church. Seeing people takes steps towards Christ is rewarding in and of itself!
- Food and football! How can I not say that on Thanksgiving day!
Make Thanksgiving a way of living! Make it ThanksLiving! We are so blessed!
Freedom! Today we celebrate the freedom we have in our nation. We thank all who have served and given their lives so we can have that freedom. I also hope you’re experiencing the ultimate freedom that we find through Jesus and the cross! John 8:36 – So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.