Been a couple of weeks since I posted some links from great leaders. Take a few minutes and read a few of these posts. I know they will add value to your ministry and life. Hope you all have a great weekend!
- Good ideas take time to develop, and sometimes that means saying “no” now so you can do it right. Carlos Whittaker talks about this in his post “Good Ideas Deserve You Saying NO To Your Pastor.” That is hard to do, especially if you are a people-pleaser by nature (as I am). Sometimes, being able to “pull it off” is not the best road to take. Most folks know when something needed more time. And God deserves that from us!
- Mark Beeson talks about the choices, actions and outcomes and what the Bible says about how all three are related in his post titled, “Watching My Son Fish Got Me Thinking.”
- Loved the post by Pete Wilson, who actually quoted another post from Keven DeYoung. The last line is SO true, yet so opposite of what many people want to hear as they strive for success in ministry. Here it is: “Daily discipleship is not a new revolution each morning or an agent of global transformation every evening; it’s a long obedience in the same direction.” Take time to read the post titled “Plodding Visionaries” at Pete’s site.
- Seth Godin has so many good posts! Just take time to read “Exploration and the Risk of Failure” and “Avoiding Momentum.” Both are great reads, and both tackle an issue many church leaders struggle with: making changes.
- Tony Morgan didn’t know he was writing a blog post for me on my birthday on July 30th, but he wrote one just for me on something I struggle with all the time. Read his post “Are You Addicted to People Pleasing.” And I hope you are pleased with it.
Ok, that is enough. Really, I hope everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!