Here is an update on Josiah as of Sunday, December 19th at 4 PM:
Josiah was pretty sad to see his mom leave today. They had a great night together, in fact, he always talks about how they party when she is here. She was able to get him to stay up until 9:30 PM, which is latest he has been up in weeks. I asked him how, and he said, “She just kept talking dad. She wouldn’t stop.” I am not gonna touch that one!
Here are some more highlights from the day:
- He spent some time today counting money and making change. He actually did very well with that; in fact, he did not miss one. He pretended he was at Starbucks and had a lot of fun with it.
- He also did some more walking without holding on to a rail. I love seeing this!
- Today is the first day that he has been able to watch football. He has been looking forward to this all week! He turned it on, and within 15 minutes was sound asleep!
- The last two mornings, he has totally dressed and groomed himself! He is using his left side so much more now. You can see the strength returning each day! Such an answer to prayer!
- He has started getting on facebook on our phones for a few minutes at a time. He enjoys it, but gets very emotional about everyone’s kind comments.
Here are some specific prayer requests you can remember for us:
- Pray for all the details to be worked out for this next week during the holiday. I would love to be able to stay at the Inn here on the property (I stayed in it last night. It is such a nice place with lots of room!). We have just a few things to fall in place and all will be good. Hopefully Jennifer can find time to get the last of the Christmas shopping done this week as well.
- Pray for the testing that needs to be done in the right side of his face. I would like this to be done sometime on Monday if possible.
- We heard another story of a little 5-year-old girl that is up here. She was in a car accident with her mother and she suffered a brain injury. Her mother, who was also expecting another child, did not make it. Her father is able to be here on weekends only due to work, so she is here during the week by herself. That is a lot for a little girl to process. Please pray for little Alex.
- Pray for family as they travel this week. Not only Jen and the kids, but for Jordan and her family as they come in from Wichita.
Psalm 25:4-5 “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”