Session 5 was the Arts Mash-Up. Awesome presentations from all 3 churches!
- Every new term that comes out tells us we’re doing church wrong. So “Missional schmissional and Attractional Schmactional!”
- 40% of people are attracted to and will come to the “box,” and that number is shrinking. Tim says that the number holds true for Granger and its community.
- Granger did not exist 25 years ago, and now it runs over 5000. But has it made a dent on the statistical number of unchurched in the area.
- Granger does not have all the answers, but here is what we know at Granger right now:
o We must begin reaching the 60% of people that are unchurched in the area
o We must reach more of the 40% that will go to church
o We must help the 40% reach their 60%
- In the past we wanted to get the community into the church, in the future,, we want to get the church into the community
- In the past church was defined by the weekend service, in the future, church is defined by where you are
- In the past, it was primarily centralized, top down structure, in the future, it is a decentralized, organic structure for quick growth
- In the past, there was no designated giving, in the future,, there are lots of ways to give to your passion
- In the past, people have come to the building to do their ministry, in the future,, ministry isn’t confined to a building. It happens everywhere you are.
- In the past, buildings served the church, the community is invited to join, in the future, buildings serve the community, the congregation also meets there.
The community at large should no longer look at the church as a last resort, but the first place to go for hope and help!