I know everyone else will likely have posts on their blogs about the things they are thankful for. There is nothing unique about me posting my “Thanksgiving List.” But this week, as I was contemplating everything and making my list, I was just overwhelmed by God’s goodness. There is so much that we could and should list. God is a great God, and does so much for us that we just overlook every day. My list should just go on and on… as should yours! So, here is a part of my list of things that I am thankful for:
- I am thankful that God loves me so much that He wanted to be involved in my life. Not just in the big things, but in every detail. That love was made visibly evident when He allowed Jesus to take my sins as His own. Then, Jesus died for me so that I could come into a relationship that God longed to have with me. To this day, I cannot wrap my mind around why God would do that for me… but he did!
- I am thankful for my wife. She is the most important person to me in the world. I love spending time with her. I love watching her. I love her now more than I ever have!
- I am thankful for my children. With five kids, it gets hectic and crazy. But each one of them has brought a joy into my life that I would not have known without them. They are precious to me.
- I am thankful for God’s call on my life. I literally have no other desire or passion in my life other than to serve God in the capacity that I do. I love being able to serve God by serving people. It is awesome to see lives changed as people take their next step towards Christ!
- I am thankful for my church. It is such a blessing to serve with a people that are interested in loving God, loving people and serving both. There is something happening at our church… and I cannot wait to see where it leads us!
- I am thankful for the team I get to work with. My pastor and the staff are just that… a team. It has been refreshing to come into a church that has that spirit and approach to ministry. They are awesome to serve Christ next to! Gotta say that I love all the volunteers I get to work with as well. They are part of the team! Without them, the ministry would just not work at Glenville! You people rock!
- I am thankful that God takes care of us the way He does. This has been an unusual year. Though we did not understand why God was doing what he was doing while we were going through it, we are so thankful that we were led to the place we are now. His ways are higher than our ways, and for that I am thankful.
Yes, there are other things that could be mentioned, but this is a good start for my list. I hope you have taken the time to contemplate what God has done in your life. Today is a day that we set aside to give thanks. I am glad that we have this day and the things that go with it, like food and football, but I hope that each day we practice a little thanksgiving to the God that loves us!