Don’t make resolutions… make life changes!
I know, it may be a matter of just wording to some, but the idea is this:
Every year people make resolutions to “do better” in areas of life. They are well-intentioned and certainly heart-felt.
It may be:
- losing weight
- being better organized
- reconnecting with friends or family
- doing better financially
Those things are all great. In fact, I have made some of those same resolutions. But until I actually did something about any area of resolution, they were at best empty words.
We even do the same in our spiritual life. We will:
- “Live more” for God
- Spend more time reading the Bible and in prayer
- Reach out more to people
- You fill in the blank
Nothing happens by good intentions. It takes action. Action YOU decide to take.
J Oswald Sanders said,
“We are at this moment as close to God as we really choose to be.”
The truth is this: until you actually DO something to change, nothing will happen. You can wish for it all you want, but YOU have to make the decision to take a step: to wake up earlier to read and pray, to step out and serve other people, to be more generous with your time and money.
The question is not “can you?” – but “will you?”
Here are a few ideas and resources to start:
- Find a church, start attending and get plugged in
- Bible reading plans: http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans
- Join a Bible Study group: (for all my peeps at Christ Community Church, go here: http://wp.me/P2x6el-49 )
- Schedule time to go and serve together as a family (your church probably has a few things you could do!)
Whatever it is, make a life change! Decide to DO something and then take action on it! Change your life… starting today!