Here is an update on Josiah as of Monday, January 3 at 7:30 PM:
Today marked the start of the fourth week that Josiah has been here at Mary Free Bed. If you had told me four weeks ago that Josiah would have been to this point already, I would probably not have believed you. I have always thought that he would get better, but to progress this far so quickly has been just amazing! He has worked so hard and been the recipient of so many prayers that I can only say this has been a God-thing to get him to this point so soon. Especially after seeing all of the other kids up here. Thank God for all He has done in Josiah!
Here are some highlights from the day:
- Josiah’s doctor said this morning that he would be home by the end of the week! I know he is excited for that… well, we all are! It will be good to be al together again!
- Josiah’s therapists took it up another notch today. His PT crew basically had him running in the halls! It was all I could do to keep up with my camera strapped around my neck!
- He mood has been fantastic today! We both said that it was going to be a very positive week, and we would do anything to keep it that way! Our goal is getting home, so he is focused, working like a dog and keeping it positive!
- He has gone three nights now without his sleeping medication. He has slept very well!
- He got a surprise visit from his girlfriend and her mom this afternoon! He was thrilled to have her up here for a bit! It brought a smile to his face, that is for sure!
Here are some specific prayer requests to remember for Josiah and the family:
- We are excited to have him released, but please remember to pray for his outpatient therapy. We want him to get just what he needs to continue his recovery. This is very important to us!
- Continue to pray for the right side of his face. We are confident that God can repair the nerve without the need for surgery. In fact, we believe that will happen!
- Pray for the travel that will happen this week. Depending on what I hear tomorrow during the team meeting will depend on when I get back to work this week. I really need to get back as soon as I can.
- Pray that we leave this place having impacted the lives of those we have met. More than anything else, we want God to have been lifted up and made big in the lives of people!
Psalm 32:7-8 “You are my hiding place! You protect me from trouble, and you put songs in my heart because you have saved me. You said to me, “I will point out the road that you should follow. I will be your teacher and watch over you.”