Here is an update on Josiah as of Saturday, January 8, at 8 PM:
Today was really a rather uneventful day for Josiah. The snow here in Michiana kept most people inside, including Jennifer and the kids. I had to work today, so I ventured out for work and work only!
Here are a few highlights from Josiah’s day:
- I woke him up this morning at 8 AM so that we could do a workout before I left for work. Needless to say, he was not my biggest fan at that moment! 😉 He worked hard, just like normal!
- After I left for work, he actually got all bundled up to go outside with Jennifer and Joshua while they shoveled some snow. He carefully helped scrape one of the cars off, and then sat in the car behind the wheel for a bit and listened to some music until the others finished shoveling.
- After he came in from the cold, he went back to work doing some puzzles and games that are part of his therapy.
- That is really it for today. The snow kept it pretty low-key.
His updates will probably go down to around 4 times a week since there is not as much going on for him. Please stay tuned in though as I will continue to post! The next post will probably be Tuesday as he has his first outpatient therapy sessions.
There are some things that we would specifically ask you to pray for as Josiah continues to heal:
- Pray that the nerves on the right side of his face start working. We have our meeting this coming Friday with the specialist at University of Michigan. Pray for a safe trip and for wisdom from the doctors.
- Pray for his outpatient therapy that starts Tuesday. We want Josiah to get as much help in his healing as possible, so we would like to have him get therapy for as long as he can!
- Pray for Josiah as we get his schooling all situated. We would still like to see him graduate this year. He can do it!
- Pray that we would honor God in all that we do and say and that we point people to HIM!
Psalm 30:10-12 “Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; Lord, be my help.” You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.”