Here is an update on Josiah as of Sunday, January 2nd at 4:15 PM:
Since it is the weekend, Josiah does not have as many therapy sessions, though he works very hard for each session he does have. I watch him work, and he just amazes me with the determination and drive that he has. He is so cooperative and strong! If you did not know him, you would never know that he was young man laying in ICU fighting for his life just a mere month ago. God has been so good to us to bring him back so far, so quickly!
Here are a few highlights from the day:
- Today was the first time in over a month that we were all able to go to church together. We visited Mars Hill Bible Church here in Grand Rapids. Josiah really seemed to enjoy it! Lord willing, we will be back home at our church next weekend!
- We said goodbye to Jennifer and the kids after lunch. Their visits the last two weekends have kept us sane! It has been nice to spend time with them. We look forward to being back home soon!
- We are also enjoying watching football!
- I am seeing him use his left side more and more. It is still weak compared to the right side, but it is coming along very well.
- He walking is also very solid now. He still has to be supervised, but he has not had any near falls at all. He will probably lose the wheelchair tomorrow.
Here are some specific requests to remember for Josiah and the family:
- Please pray that his care after release is set up and that it will be exactly what he needs to continue to fully recover.
- Pray that the strength in his left side will increase exponentially this week. He is getting so much stronger, but I would say he is still only about 60 percent on that side.
- Please pray for the nerve damage on the right side of his face. We are asking God to heal it without surgery. I fully believe God can do this!
- We are also asking God to make known any conversations that we need to have this week with those that are far from Him. We want to leave this place knowing that those around us realize that they matter to God.
Psalm 103:1-2 “With all my heart I praise the Lord, and with all that I am I praise his holy name! With all my heart I praise the Lord! I will never forget how kind he has been.