Here is an update on Josiah as of Monday, March 21st.
- Josiah has made quite a bit of progress in the last two weeks. First off, he was able to start back to school. It was suggested in his psych-evaluation that he go back about three times a week for half of a day to start. We thought this would be a good idea, since he had not had to to anything for 6-8 hours straight like school.
- When we met with the school, they suggested going back half of a day every day just to see how he would respond. They worked with us to set up a schedule that would get most of his main class work in the morning hours, and then when he felt up to it, he would go to some labs in the afternoon that would help him get caught up in all his work. Josiah started back the day after we went to the meeting at the school and decided to start out going full day… and has done full days every day since!
- This kid has amazed me with his ability to go above and beyond what is expected. I am so proud of him for working so hard. When he breaks for Spring break here in a couple of weeks, he should be almost caught up with all of the work that he missed and on schedule to graduate on time.
- We also celebrated his birthday… with him! I cannot even put into words the feelings of having another birthday with him. God has blessed us, that is for sure!
- His smile is getting bigger! The right side of his face is coming alive. It is slow healing, but we are glad to see the progress. An answer to prayer for sure!
- We took some time for him to go and play on the drums a bit just to see how it felt. He was nervous and unsure of his ability, which made it difficult for him to play, but from what I heard, he will be back at it in no time!
We still have some specific requests that we are praying for and would be grateful if you would join us.
- Pray that his face will completely heal. It will still take some time for that to happen, but it will happen!
- Pray that he continues to do great in his schooling.
- Pray that we would have clarity as we dream and plan for the future.
- Pray that God gives us the opportunity to use Josiah’s story as a mark of God’s grace, love and goodness.
1 Timothy 1:14 “The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.”