Take-away #3 from Chuck Swindoll
“When God wants to do an impossible task, He takes an impossible person and crushes them. Leave room in your life for the crushing”
- If this is true, then I should welcome the valleys and struggles in my life as opportunities for spiritual growth.
- It is easy to plan everything so well that we forget to include God and His plan in things. We plan for all kinds of success, but very rarely plan for tough times. They will come!
- With this take-away in mind, Chuck also said, “Brokenness and failure are necessary.” That hurts to hear. That is not what I want. It is not really what anyone wants. But we grow more in the hard times than we do the good times. The good times show us how good we can be. The times of brokenness allow us to see how good God can be.
- This also reminds us that God’s way is better than our way. Our way would be easy, God’s way is never always easy, and often causes great pain.
- Chuck also said, “It is painful to obey. You will be giving up your way for the cross.” Man, that is tough to hear, and harder to practice!